27 November 2010

We No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool and Dcup

Saturday - After my exhausting night you would think I would sleep in, but that was not the case. I didn't want to miss my friends who were in the room I was supposed to be in first (also I didn't have their phone numbers) so I woke up early and took a quick shower and went down there hoping I didn't miss them and as soon as I walked down the stairs I saw Mayra and was super relieved to find her because then I could get access to the room and leave my stuff there and hang out with them. After a joyful reunion with Liz, Mayra, and Maureen, we went up and ate the free breakfast which wasn't the best but tasted good because I hadn't eaten alot since I got there. Then Liz and I took off and went sightseeing. We rode the tube into town and saw Big Ben, The London Eye, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and lots of other stuff. For lunch we ate at a pub where I got "real" fish and chips and a beer. It tasted so good and for dessert we split a chocolate bread pudding which was amazing.

Then we did even more sightseeing as we saw Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station, St. Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge. It got really dark and cold early so at 5 we went to this mall where we got our tickets for the Harry Potter movie and ate sushi for dinner as we waited the two hours before it started. Finally we went and saw the movie. It was good and I can't wait for the last one! Then we went back and went to bed because it was past midnight when we finally got back.

Sunday - Started by saying goodbye to the girls studying abroad in Spain and rolling back over to sleep for another hour. I got up at 9 so I could take a shower, eat the free breakfast, pack up and checkout before 11. Then I took the tube into town and went to Buckingham Palace where I saw the changing of the guard. When I was there I listened to conversations around me and heard so many different languages it was crazy! It was really cool but really strange to be in a country that speaks English but since I was at all the touristy spots it was mostly other languages.



Then I got cold so I went to Hard Rock Cafe to warm up. It was kind of busy and I didn't feel like waiting so I went and ate a quick lunch at McDonalds (since I had already spent alot of money in London). Then I walked around and walked the Millennium Bridge and London Bridge (which did not fall down when I was on it). Then since it was getting dark and late I took the tube to Victoria Station, took a slower train to the airport (since it was cheaper and I had time), and bought a cheap dinner and a book to read. It was the second book in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series and was really good. I read all 500 pages instead of sleeping that night since I was spending the night at the airport (I didn't want to pay an extra night just to leave at 3 am to get to the airport and then catch my plane at 7).

In the morning I had breakfast and went to get on my plane. As I was waiting to get on I saw Joanne so we talked some and sat on the plane together. Then when we got off we tried to get through customs to make our train back to Clermont. We finally got past customs, took the express to the train station but by the time we got there we had just barely missed our train. So we went and got our tickets changed for a later time and relaxed for two hours until we finally got on the train and back. By the time we got back we couldn't go to school because we had missed our classes so we said goodbye and I went home and took a nap until dinner. Then I ate dinner, did some homework and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment