19 December 2010

"Exam" Week

Ok to be honest my "Exam" Week wasn't a true exam week because I only had two exams. However, most of my week consisted of the following: sleeping in, watching movies, relaxing, watching tv, hanging out with my host family, doing homework, and hanging out with friends. Monday was pretty boring except for getting my lunch money and seeing Tangled in French. Tangled was good but I can't wait to see it in English because Finn's character is played by the main character in my favorite series, Chuck. Tuesday was a little bit more crazy because I had to find these papers for my ICRP. They took forever to find because I had never been to the office where they were located before. But finally I found them, ate a quick lunch, and got to my last ICRP of the 2010 year. The second half of the week is when things really started happening:

Wednesday - Started off waking up early, getting around and walking to the train station. There I met up with the other Kalamazoo Students and our teacher because we were going to Vichy to take the TCF. The TCF is the Test du Connaissance du Francais (aka test of french understanding/level). So we went to Vichy, walked around in the cold until we found the university, was taken up to a small computer room, and were off. The test started with 25 minutes of listening comprehension followed by 108 minutes of grammar and reading comprehension. Overall it wasn't too horrible and I ended up doing ok on those parts. After that we went and ate a crappy but cheap lunch at the cafe. Then we went back for the oral portion. I don't know what it was, maybe the guy's accent, maybe the nervousness, maybe sleep deprivation, maybe my brain was strained too hard, maybe the fact that there were two tape recorders recording everything I was saying; but I felt like I did really bad. However, after we finally finished the test, we toured the town as we walked back to the train station. Then we went back, I walked the 20 minutes back to the apartment, slept for two hours. And got up in time to relax a bit before dinner. After dinner the family and I watched a really good couple of episodes of Mentalist.

Thursday – Slept in, did some shopping, ate lunch, went to school, tried to find the room for the exam, gave up and studied for exam w/ Lauren, printed off some stuff for travleing, found our room for our test (in a portable that I had never seen before), took the test (which actually wasn’t that bad), printed off airplane boarding passes, and went back home. When I got back I started getting ready for vacation! However I didn't have much time until I had to leave for the final party. Most of the students in our school were going to an overpriced gala but instead, the American students got together and decided to dress up and go to a nice restaurant. We were going to go to Mexican but couldn’t get in so we went to the Sicilian Restaurant. After a good dinner, we went to a cafĂ© and I got a French Coffee (coffee with gin) was pretty good but strong. After a while it was finally time to say goodbye, Happy Holidays, and leave. When I got back I packed, and packed, and packed. Finally I was done enough and went to bed at 1:30 only to be awakened 3 and a half hours later by my alarm to start Christmas Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment