16 October 2010

"One Week" - Barenaked Ladies - Part 4


Wednesday – Wednesday was a super long day. Started with French Language which was just ok however, due to an error, we didn’t have our class after the break because another class needed it so we had free time for an hour and a half. So we relaxed and went to lunch early. Then we came back and went to the English speaking time. There were only 5 K students and 3-4 French students this time which was kind of nice, however our room was locked so we had to find another one which was fun. After that we had Marketing which was pretty boring…still. We had a quiz and I didn’t do very well at all on it. Then we split off into groups to do an in class assignment. 2 out of the 5 of us worked on it and rest of us (me and 2 guys) basically discussed French and American differences the entire time. Then our group had to present, so the 2 who did the work presented and I think it went pretty well. Then it was time for European Civilization and for Jenn and I to present. The presentation went well overall but my section was on history and I had a brain fart and had huge problems saying the numbers for dates and such, oops!  Anyways, after that I just went home, finished my work the next day, and collapsed in my bed.

Thursday – Started out pretty well since I got a lot of sleep the night before. I got all of my stuff around for the day and went off to school. French Language wasn’t too bad except I couldn’t speak as much as I wanted to during the debate so I think Isabelle didn’t think that I was prepared. Then I had FLE where we talked about food the entire time (because it’s the “Semaine de gout” aka Week of Tasting, making me really hungry.  Finally that was done and we went and had pizza at Pizza Planet. After that I left to go on my first day at my ICRP site. I took the tram and really like where the school is situated because it’s super accessible by tram.

 So anyways, I go inside Franc Rosier and see the teacher immediately and she takes me out to the playground because everyone else is outside playing. So then she claps her hands several times and everyone comes running. They all line up holding the shoulders of the next person in two different lines, one for boys and one for girls. Then we all go inside and all sit in a semi circle with me and the teacher in the middle. Then the teacher asks them what questions they want to ask their guest. So first they ask my name and as soon as I tell them they ask if I speak English. I thought it was really funny that my accent is so pronounced that even 5 year olds could figure it out. Anyways, I answered yes and then they tried to figure out where I was from. First they thought Africa, then Portugul, Spain, England, South America and finally North America.  Then we do a bunch of different stuff, we sing a song and the students return to their desks and work on stuff. I sat at a desk in one of the groups and helped the kids write the number 4. 

Later we have a pie since it’s one of the boys birthdays. Everyone sings Happy Birthday (in French) and then the teacher has me lead Happy Birthday in English. Then we all eat and the teacher gets out a box with a bunch of plastic cups and hands them out to everyone. Apparently they have a plastic cup that they keep at the school on a normal basis. My two favorite cups had Scooby-Doo and Cars (from the movie) on it.  Then it’s time for activity time, relaxation time and finally recess. After that it’s time to go home so I leave while the parents come and pick up the kids.

After my tram ride home (I was going to walk but it was cold), I make myself some mac and cheese and do my homework for Friday.  Then I take a nap and get up in time to check my emails before dinner. I was super excited because I got an email from my college telling me that the State of Michigan is FINALLY releasing part of my financial aid/merit which I really appreciate. Dinner was good and then I went back to my room and found some international friends to go to the club tonight with. So I get ready and leave. First I meet Lauren at the bar and have some cheap shots, then we walk over and meet up with the two Mexican girls and we catch the taxi and go to the club. (Lauren didn’t come because she was tired and didn’t feel like it.) So we get there and get in and I’m glad because it’s pretty reasonably priced. That place is so huge! It was really cool. First we got shots which tasted like bubble gum, it was super tasty. Then we go and find a spot and start dancing. Later we see some of the Georgians and hang out with them.  At 3 the Georgians and I leave to go back on the bus. The bus was late and we had to find it and when we did it was already packed so we had to stand, but it worked and I was at home and in bed before 4.

Friday -Wake up at 7 tired but no hangover since I didn't drink very much the night before. I get up and shower and when I go in to eat breakfast my host family asks me why I'm up. I explain that I have class at 8:30. They then ask whether I went out the night before and what time I came back. After I tell them I see the look on their faces as they are shocked, apparently they didn't think that I would go to school early the next morning after a party. Anyways, had breakfast and got to school. Class wasn't too bad and then we went to lunch at Subway which was good and reminded me of home. Then I came back and watched NCIS with Spencer. After that I took a super long nap and woke up later that after noon and watched Glee which was pretty good. Then I watched Simpsons with my host family, had dinner, and returned to my room. After a bit I go out and see what everyone's up to. I end up watching the end of Percy the last Olympian with my host brothers and after that I go to bed since it's pretty late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment