16 October 2010

"One Week" - Barenaked Ladies - Part 1

It's been.. one week since you looked at me. "One Week" by the Barenaked ladies. What a fun song, and a good way to sum up my lazieness since this is the first post I have posted in over a week, lol enjoy!

Saturday - In the afternoon I went and met up with Joanne, Jake, Julien, Olivier, and a bunch of other people and we walked to the stadium. It was a beautiful day and the walk wasn't that long (even though some of the guys in our group got in a scuffle with some tram strikers). When we got there we took our places standing by the fence near the middle of the field. The game was lots of fun, I think I am starting to like Rugby alot more than Football (American football) because it doesn't stop after every thirty seconds. We ended up winning the game and after we went back and went out separate ways. Once I got home, I took a nap and after eating dinner with the family and their guests went to the Place de Jaude to meet Joanne, Jake and Sam as we took a cab to a suburb of Clermont to meet Joelle (the head of our program) and do some traditional Auvergne dancing. It was lots of fun and the music was really interesting. We listened to two groups, one with a singer, drummer, flutist (like wood flutes that I don't know how to play), and accordion and one with an accordion and instrument that I don't know the name. It was alot a great night to end a fun day.

Sunday - Didn't do much today. Mostly booked some of my vacation stuff to Italy. I'm super excited because I am going to be going to Rome, Naples, Palermo, and Venice! Then, in the afternoon, Eliana and I decided to go to a museum since they are free the first Sunday of the month. So we went to the Henry LeCoq science museum. The museum was fun except we arrived 25 minutes before it closed, oops. After the museum we walked around and decided to get a coffee and dessert. I got molleaux au chocolate which is absolutely amazing. Imagine a cupcake about 20 times richer with a yummy vanilla cream sauce and hot gooey chocolate filling. It was super good. Eliana had gonfle avec Nutella which is a waffle with Nutella. After that we came back, had some dinner, did some homework and the day was done.

Monday - Mondays are nice because I don't have anything in the mornings so I slept in and then went out and bought my book for Marketing. It was 64€ ew. Then I met up with some friends and we had lunch. My first class was Pepiniere which kinda sucked because I didn't understand  half of what was going on. Also we were trying to figure out a time to meet and work on our project but I was always busy when they weren't so we just decided to scrap it. Then I had Russian wasn't all that good, I got picked on to go up to the board and write while she dictated, it kinda ended badly. Anways, finally it was time to go home, eat some meal that i didn't really like (pureed soup, it made me miss having meat for diner) and go to bed.

Tuesday - Woke up super tired and got around for classes... having to wake up at 7 to shower, eat and walk to school is getting old. Classes were boring anyways. Started with French Civilization which wasn't that bad but still was mostly sitting and listening to lecture. After class I went to lunch w/ Lauren, Joanne and we stopped Louise and had lunch w/ her too. We grabbed sandwiches and went to Jardin le coq because it was nice. Then had our other classes which were not super fun but w/e. The best part of the day was coming home and seeing a present waiting for me outside my door! It was my birthday present from Spencer and it was awesome (I got a watch, NCIS, easy mac and more). After dinner I caught up with one of my favorite shows, Chuck,  then it was time for bed because Wednesdays are the worst.

Wednesday - I'm really glad I put my alarm clock across my room because otherwise I would totally just have turned it off and rolled back over and gone back to sleep today. Anways, classes were eh. Started with French Language with the teacher that I don't really like. I didn't do good on this paper and keep making the same mistakes so we set up to meet tomorrow to work on it. After grabbing a sandwich we had our english conversation table. It was pretty fun even though there were 8 of us english speakers and only 3 actual french students. Then Marketing was boring and we got assigned alot of work. Then finally we had our last class (where we got assigned MORE work). All day I was getting excited about tomorrow being my birthday. That night I watched Glee, loving it but not as much as the Brittany episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment