02 October 2010

Let's play some catch up...

Wednesday - Classes ALL DAY LONG, uurg. Ok so started out with French Language which is kind of an annoying class because the teacher keeps telling me to not get discouraged and that soon I will be doing much better. Weird thing is I wasn't even worried before she said that. Anyways so that class is from 8:30 to 12 with a half hour break at 10. Then after our hour and a half lunch break it was time for Marketing (1:30-4:45 with a 15 min break). I have never taken a Marketing class before and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some parts were actually interesting (because they pertained to psychology type stuff) and for the most part it was easy to understand what was going on with the slide print outs. Then we broke off into groups and worked on a project which also wasn't that bad. It was kind of funny though because people kept staring at me because I'm a foreigner.

After Marketing, I had European Civilization with Melissa. Throughout the whole hour and a half long class (5-6:30) we took notes on power point slides. My hands hurt really badly after. When class was over we decided to meet up later to go to a movie. Then we all went home and after dinner I met Lauren, Louise, Jenn, and Jake at the theater. We were going to see The Town but it wasn't playing at that time so we watched Le Bruit des Glaçons. It was a french film that was... interesting. It was about a couple who both had cancer which resulted in hallucinations of their past. It was really strange but pretty amusing at times.

Thursday - Slept in a little bit because I didn't have class until 10:30. When I did get up I did some homework, showered and went to class. It was FLE which is SOOO BORING! I spend most of the class either taking notes over stuff that I have learned at least 3 times and helping the girl next to me who is from Mexico. When that was finally done (at noon) we went and had pizza at Pizza Planet. After that we went around looking at different stores and buying some small things (i.e. socks) since we didn't have any classes (Thursday afternoon is reserved for sports but since I don't want to pay 60€ I just get the day off). Then I met up with Eliana at the fountain at 3:15 and went shopping. First we went to a store so that she could get a winter coat and then we went looking in some other stores. We had quite a bit of fun and I am starting to think of Eliana as the little sister I never had. After that we went to FNAC (aka french version of Best Buy) and got a double CD of Santana for our host dad for his birthday today. Then we went to the bookstore and got paper to make him a card. Finally we went home.When we got home we wrapped the present and made the card and signed it. Then after I took a nap we gathered in the Living Room for aperitifs.

We started out with Champagne (to celebrate) and garlic bread which was really good. Then we had this Brazilian rum drink with limes that was really good but quite strong. During the aperitifs we gave our host dad our gift which he proceeded to put in the CD player so we could listen to it. It made me think of my dad listening to Santana as we would drive around town and made me happy yet sad because I miss that. Anyways, Guilain (his godson) gave him his present and so did Claire (my host mom). Then we had dinner which was really good. It started out with soup with salmon in it and white wine. Then we had trout (which was DELICIOUS!) and salad and potatoes and cabbage. Then we had cheese and bread (of course) with red wine. After that we had dessert - easily one of the best desserts I think I have ever had. It was this chocolate cake with molten chocolate inside and carmel on top. It was super rich but I still finished it all. After everyone was done eating and everything I got to take to my mom and grandma and boyfriend on skype. Then, instead of going out for the night, I decided to go to bed because I had quite a bit to drink earlier.

Friday - Woke up early because we had class from 8:30-12 (once again with a half hour break). It was French Lit with Melissa and was kind of a boring class. We discussed the sections that we read and wrote a short paper thing and got our homework for next week. After class we got baguette sandwiches and Joanne and I ate in the park with Lauren. Then (since Lauren, Louise, Jenn, and most of my friends) are going to Paris for the weekend Joanne and I decided to take the tram to the old part of town and look around for fun. It was pretty interesting, we saw an old cometary which was really cool (pictures will be up soon) and a really neat old church. Then we went back and decided to meet at 5 so that we could get tickets for the rugby game. After going back to the apartment, I watched Glee which was super good. Then I went back and we met up with Julien and some other guys and got tickets. Then after a quick beer it was time to go back for dinner. Dinner was pretty low key and after we ate I went back to my room and watched White Collar. Then I went to bed.

Saturday - Start of my day has been pretty uneventful... mostly just relaxing, checking out flights and stuff, and getting excited for the rugby game. Aideu for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment