29 September 2010

Begining of the first week of actual school

Sunday can be summed up in about one sentence... I ate, watched Aladdin in Spanish, did some homework, took a nap, ate dinner, talked with my host family and went to sleep.

Monday - Garfield from the cartoons always hated Mondays but my Monday actually went pretty well. It started off with being able to sleep in. Then I had breakfast, showered, and chilled as I slowly got around for my day. Then I got my 12-25 card (aka train card for young people ages 12 to 25 which gives you up to 50% off) and had lunch at a cheap (but really good) creperie since we couldn't find a Mexican place that was open. After that we did some shopping and then it was time for school. My first class of the day was  Pepiniere at 3:30. Pepiniere is our Marketing Project class which consists of two 6-person groups being combined. I like my group as they seem nice and are eager to help me understand  what's going on and contribute. The other group however kept looking at me like I was an alien which made me truly feel for the first time that I am a stranger.

Anways, after Pepiniere I met up with Lauren and we went to our Russian class. Russian is going to be super hard but I think it will be worth it. It is defidently going to take a while to get the writing down (they have completly different letters for over half and they have 33 or 36 letters). Also the pronunciation and reading is going to be super hard. After class I went home, had soup and went to bed late after doing homework and wasting time on the computer.

Tuesday - Today started off early at 8:30 with French Civilization. We learned about the different regions, had our 30 minute break and then listened to a presentation on our region - Auvergne. After that we went to lunch with Joelle (our teacher and director of our program) where I had steak and fries. Then I went with Lauren and we had our hospital visit in order to get our Attestation (which is a thing that goes in you're visa/passport so that you don't get deported). The visit took over an hour but overall wasn't too bad. Then we went and Lauren got her 12-25 card and I got my Russian book. Then it was time for more class - European Civilization. European Civilization is going to be an interesting class as we are looking into the identity and what it means to be European. While the course will be interesting  I am not big into philosophy so that part will be difficult. Then after going back home, I had dinner with my host family where we had soup again (because it has been really cold - although at night the heat is on and is so hot I have to sleep without a blanket or sheets). Also the soup is more pureed than soup in the states that is chunky and really filling. Well I should probably get some sleep before my marathon day tomorrow (classes from 8:30 to 6:30pm). Bon soir!

No comments:

Post a Comment