23 September 2010

The Impression That I Get (Mighty, Mighty Bosstones)

Wednesday - Woke up late and got around in order to get to school where my group dove right into our project. It was really quite hard for me because they would keep speaking really quickly to each other so for most of the part I was lost and for the other parts I didn't have anything to do so I would watch as they would correct the writing and help out a bit with the computer stuff. Then lunch was quick and after meeting some friends in the park it was time for more project stuff. More sitting and watching/doing minimal work on the project. Finally when it was all done I was excited to leave and be done for the day but then it took forever to find the right place to print but finally we found it, got it printed, and turned it in. Then I walked home and took a break from french by talking to Liz and Susan. Then I had dinner which was strange tasting lasagnae - why strange, because there wasn't enough pasta and the cheese was french - oh american food, how I miss you...

So anyways, after dinner my host dad and two host brothers and I sat down and watched the Mentalist for 3 hours which was loads of fun. Then it was time for bed because having class at 8:30 means getting up at 7ish.

Thursday - Woke up late again, hrm maybe I need to start going to bed earlier (oops), but was on time to my class which was french language with Isabelle. After that I had FLE which is going over alot of grammar points that I consistently miss on a daily basis. Once FLE was done, I went to see if I could register for dance class but they aren't open until Monday so hopefully I can register then. Then Lauren and I had a nice lunch in the sun of kebab which was like roasted meat on a yummy flatish bread with fries. Afterwords, we got back and tried to figure out where we were supposed to go because our schedule said to go with Lisa but she wasn't in her office so we left a note and sent and text and went to lunch number 2 because most of our group only had a snack during lunch time and not a full meal. So while four of us ate, Lauren and I had a glass of red wine which I still cannot get used to.

After the meal we went back to the ESC and found Lisa and got the rest of our information for our attestation and turned in some stuff to go to Volcania on the 9th. Then Lauren, Jenn and I hiked to the CROUS center so that we could get our doctor's visit and chest xray done. After making the appointments it was time to go home and relax for the day.

Some of you maybe wondering why "The Impression That I Get". Number 1 it's a good song and number 2 it kinda reflects how I feel some times here. Well aideu for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment