24 September 2010

Three Monkeys - Alright now, let's kick off the weekend right!

TGIF! Alright so the morning wasn't so good (listening to presentations and zoning out/waking up friends around me because they are sleeping during the lecture wasn't so much fun) but then we had lunch and our day really began. So in the afternoon we were supposed to have this lecture about the first year at the ESC which we have already heard 3 times so we decided to skip it. We started out after lunch by going to Place de Jaude and stopped in a shop. Then we went to the SNCF (aka France train/travel agency) and tried to get tickets to Germany so that we could go to Oktoberfest but there wasn't any ones at a time that we could go so we scraped that. Then we wandered about and I got my phone recharged and some postcards and then we found the tourism office. After a stop in there to get boatloads of pamphlets and a map and other info we decided to start heading to our chest x-ray appointment for our Attestation (aka official french documentation that allows us to reside in France without being deported).

However, as we were going to out appointment we saw an antique store with a cart outside loaded with books and a sign saying one euro each. How could we pass that up? We start looking and I find a book that I thought looked good so I went in and bought it. When I went out Lauren and Jenn went in to buy theirs. While they were in there a lady and a guy came up to me and asked me if I liked books (since I was looking through them) I said yeah and she pulled out a book from her purse and gave it to me saying it's really good and I should really read it. I was like ok and they left. So I got a book for a euro and a second book for free - excellent! So then we left and got to the office 15 minutes before our appointment. I checked in and sat down as I thought it was going to be a while but as the receptionist was checking in the second person my name was called and I got my x-ray done in like two minutes. Then I waited in the waiting room while Lauren and Jenn got their x-rays and less than 5 minutes later we had our results. When we left we had been there less than 10 minutes which is absurd because in the states it takes over half an hour for something like that and then another couple of days for the results.

So of course we decided that we should celebrate so we wandered around a different part of town looking for a pub. When we saw one called the Three Monkeys we knew we couldn't pass it up so we got some drinks and relaxed. I got a martini which was better than I thought it would be. After relaxing we decided to go home for the day since we are leaving early tomorrow to go to the market before our excursion in the country. Also I am going with my host family tonight to a jazz bar so that will be fun. Well that's all for now!

2 comments: