10 September 2010

L'internet ne marche pas!

For those of you who are non-french speakers, the title to this post means "The internet doesn't work!" Anyways, now that it does, here's an update:

Wednesday - Third day of class
Classes were not very fun today, we got lectured at and then we got the results of the writing portion of our test as well as took the speaking portion. I did REALLY REALLY badly (mostly because I went back and changed alot of it to a different tense when its just present tense, oops). Then all 7 of us had lunch at a cafe across the street. I had a croque monsieur which was quite good. Then more learning about the Auvergne region and finally school was out. Yesterday we were debating going swimming but instead decided to do it today so Lauren and I went to the "Stade Nautique Pierre de Coubertin" which was alot of fun. They had an olympic sized pool (where we swam in the open lane), a kiddie pool and a slide. After figuring out how to lock the doors to change (the locks wern't on the door), finding a place to put our stuff (the lockers only took one euro and all we had were two euro pieces), swimming in a lane filled with people, getting dressed and out of the changing room maze, I got lost getting back to my host family's apartment.

Honestly, I think its super sad that I got lost three days in a row. I guess its  a good thing Vicksburg isn't that big, lol. Anyways, a nice bus driver pointed out the way back and I got back just fine. Then I took a shower and looked over some of my paperwork and ate dinner w/ Jean-Baptiste (the youngest), Eliana (the Bolivian girl), and that was it. The parents had gone to some show which they invited me to but I was too tired after swimming. It was a fun night as we ended the day by watching the Mentalist.

Thursday
Today we met all of the international students which was fun and also quite nice because everything was in English. First we listened to a lecture about the different staff and stuff. Then we went on a tour of the building and after we got to relax and talk some before we went back in. So we met some different students like Louise who is from Kansas and seems really nice. We also met a German student who is named Silka. Then we went back in for some more lecture and finally it was lunch time. We went to the Canteen which is really good and cheap! After that we walked around the Place de Jaude for a little bit and then went back for some more lecturing. Then we were supposed to have a mini cocktail party  to welcome the international students, but there was no alcohol so we decided to go to a bar.

On the way we stopped and got the rest of our school supplies. We (Jenn, Lauren, and I) decided to go to the Carpe Diem where we got a beer (1664) for a couple euros.The owner was nice and talked to us a little bit. When we were all done we parted our separate ways. As I was walking back I started feeling the affects and was like ooh, I haven't drank in a while. When I got back Claire (my host mom) was hosting a party so I went in the kitchen with Jean-Baptiste, Eliana and Frank and we had dinner. Dinner was really good because it was a specialty from Brittagne (where my host parents are from) and it was like a crepe with egg, cheese, and ham. Then we tried to get the internet to work but finally decided to give up and go to bed.

Friday
School was very short today. We  had one class which wasn't that bad and were free by noon. The class was French Literature and we mostly talked about what we are going to be doing in that class and went on a tour to find the bookstore. Then we decided to eat lunch in the park so we grabbed some food from the Canteen (I got pain au chocolate and an apple) and ate on the grass. Now I'm killing some time before we go to the bar to watch the rugby game. A toute a l'heure (See you later)!

No comments:

Post a Comment