21 September 2010

Projects galore!

Monday - Woke up and meet the other K students as we realized that we were half an hour late because our schedules were wrong, awesome. So we snuck in the auditorium, where we were supposed to be, and started trying to pay attention to what the lecturer was saying. However we were really far away from the screen so I couldn't read it and to top it off we didn't understand everything the lecturer was saying so I just started doodling wile others did homework or whatever. Then we went on break and Lauren, Jenn, and I really wanted to make sure we were in our other language courses so we waited for over an hour and a half (meaning we missed some of the lecture) and finally got it all sorted out. (FYI I'm going to take Russian!) Then after dinner, we went back and sat some more while we listened to more lecture (but this time we actually understood it). Then we broke off into groups to choose which one of the projects we wanted to do. It was funny because my group kept speaking in rapid french to each other and after a while they asked my opinion and I just said (in french) "I'm american and  don't understand everything that you are saying because  you are speaking too fast". They were all like OOOOHHH and so then they started speaking slower and were really nice about it. After our groups, Lauren and I met up and decided to get a beer and go shopping because I needed jeans. Then I went home and had a late dinner, read some more of my book for class and went to bed.

Tuesday - Today started off with us getting to school at 8:30 when we didn't need to be there until 9. (I can't wait until our actual courses start so we don't have to worry about weird scheduling). So today was all about the Project ESC which as far as I can understand involves people making their own groups, brainstorming about a certain entrepreneurial idea and presenting said idea in a paper or (if their ideas are really good) to the entire freshman student body. Needless to say I don't want my group to be one of the best and have to present in french in front of 400 people. Anyways, after getting into groups (which we didn't know what to do so we had to ask some professors and after alot of mess finally got into groups) we got down to business.

My group is very task-oriented which is kinda nice, but at the same time kinda difficult because they speak really fast and I can't understand half of what is going on. After a couple hours of that, lunch in the park, and a couple more hours of that we were done with the project for the day. So then I went and got a chocolate chocolate chip muffin (which by the way isn't as good as those that I have had in America, it was kinda sad) and then came back for my french literature/philosophy class. After a seemingly long class everyone went home. When I got home it was 6:30 already! It was such a long day and so much french my brain was really stretched. After relaxing on the computer (and looking at planning trips in Europe with friends) we had dinner which was really fun because we went over body parts and some other french stuff. Then I got to skype with Spencer and now its time for bed. Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment