19 September 2010

Sunday, sunday, sunday

Mmmm, sleep! I slept in until like 10 even though I went to bed really early. By the time I had woken up and gotten a shower the family had already gone to mass so I ate some breakfast and wasted time on the computer until they came back and we had lunch. Then my host dad, Eliana, Jean Baptiste, and me all went to see some sights in the town. It was the "journees europeennes du patrimonie" which is an European holiday where lots of historical sites are free to go to. So we went to the Hotel de Chazerat which was cool because it was a different type of architecture than most of the city. Then we went to see the archaeological site near my school which had some stuff dating back to the first and second century! After that Frank, aka my host dad,  and I went back to the Hotel so that we could attend a harpsichord performance. It was really good and made me want to dance. Then we walked back and looked at some more architecture.

When we got back, everyone was preparing for the other host families to come over (Eliana's other host families because she's here for so long she has to switch). Eliana and I tried making brownies which failed. It started well enough but then it said to put 90 grams of sugar in. Not knowing how much we used the scale and was surprised to find 90 grams was two bowls. As soon as we put it in we knew there was something wrong because it was way too dry. After alot of fretting and re reading of the recipe the host mom came in and we realized that the scale was off by a factor of 10 - aka instead of putting 90 grams in we put 900! So she told us to scrap it and  throw it away so we did and then we did it again with the correct amounts and put it in the oven. Then we cleaned up and got ready for the families to come.

When everyone came it was strange for me because I didn't know anyone but it all went really well. We had an apperatif and then pizza for dinner. The brownie was really good and then before you knew it it was time for everyone to leave. So now it's time to sleep because I have class tomorrow (well Pepiniere which from what I hear is going to be really interesting).

No comments:

Post a Comment