15 September 2010

Second week of school

Monday - School was really boring. We attended the first year introduction seminar which was stuff we had either already heard twice or didn't need to know. After lunch we didn't know where to go since our names wern't on the sheets so we just took the rest of the day off. Joanne, Lauren, Jenn and I went to the french version of Walmart which was alot cleaner than an american Walmart. After that I went back to take a nap and  chill for the rest of the day.

Tuesday - School was a bit more interesting this time. First we had pictures for our school Id's. Then we had our FLE classes which are intensive french classes. While we covered things that we already knew, it was kind of nice to refresh our memories. It was kind of weird because we were supposed to have that class on Monday but we didn't know so all 7 of us skipped it. Anyways, after lunch we had a little bit more of the class but with a different teacher. Then we went to a presentation on a project that we have to do. They presented it in french and I didn't really fully understand what I'm actually going to be doing. Oh well, I will do my best but at least we aren't being graded on it! Then we left for the day. Later that night there was a party for the first years which was quite fun.

The party started out at a bar called the Buddha. I got there before Joanne and Lauren and felt really awkward sitting by myself drinking a beer waiting for my friends like a loner. Finally they came and we decided to walk around for a bit. We found the sketchy red light district and had fun finding different things in the city. Finally when we walked back we rounded the corner and music was blaring! The Buddha was now super packed there was loads of students everywhere and we quickly found some other international students and hung out with them. We got a beer and relaxed as we got a free slice of pizza and talked in English. Close to midnight we headed to the nightclub. At the nightclub there wasn't hardly anyone for the first 20 minutes, but then it got quite busy and when we finally left at 1:30 it was packed! We had alot of fun dancing and thought it was really funny that all of the songs were from the 90s and up to today  and pretty much all American music. Sadly, I lost my little black sweater but it's kinda old and  falling apart so it's not that big of a deal. After finding my way home I tumbled into bed for a brief sleep.

Wednesday - Being woken up at 7 by an alarm clock after going to bed at 2:15 is not very fun. But I got up and around and got to school and class on time. Class was mostly going over stuff we knew (again) and then we had lunch and then more class. Once FLE was done we had French Literature class - a class that I am finding kind of difficult. First of all our French lit class is turning into a french lit and philosophy class. In my opinion french, literature, and philosophy are all pretty difficult so all three in one is kinda intense. But the teacher is pretty nice and its a small class with just the 7 of us so it isn't that bad. After school Jenn and I went to the Place de Jaude to get our phones recharged. Then we got some delicious chocolate dessert and after we split it we left for home. Once at home I learned that it would be super expensive to try and get glasses over here so I will be getting them shipped from home which should be fun. After dinner (Eliana made sushi) we watched some Mentalist and now it's time for sleep. A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment