07 September 2010

And....Second Day of School!

The Second Day of School... oh so much fun, kinda. In the morning, I wake up and eat breakfast and am just about to take a shower when Aliana wakes up and needs the bathroom to brush her teeth b/c shes late for school. So I let her and  then I shower and get ready for the day. When I say goodbye to my host mom she asks if I have an umbrella b/c its raining, when I say I do she makes sure that I know my way to school, I say yes (it's one turn and then a straight shot, how hard can it be?). So I leave and start walking, and I keep walking, and then I start thinking.... "I don't think this is right. I have never seen this part of town before". Realizing I passed my turn I go back as I look at my watch 17 minutes until I have to be at school and I'm supposed to meet Jenn in 7 minutes, crap! So I decide to take the next road and  then cut up to where I need to be but somehow I end up passing the apartment so I just kept going and took this other route. I check my watch - 8:20 - 10 minutes until I get to school and Jenn is leaving. So I start running which was oh so much fun because for some strange reason I thought it would be fun to wear heels... very very bad decision (especially since because it was raining and I was running and these were new shoes I got some nice blisters). So I pass the place where I am supposed to meet Jenn - 8:28- I'm supposed to be at class in 2 minutes. So finally I get to school, out of breath and pretty wet, at 8:40! I felt really bad because the day before they told us how important it was to be on time and I was late the second day! Moving on...

So when I came in they were discussing alot of stuff that we have heard several times before which, when combined with no coffee, and being tired from running equaled me yawning about every minute and wanting to take a nap and spacing out. Finally we took a break and I got some water which perked me up. Then we went back and took a French Language Assessment Exam. I finished about the same time as Lauren and Jenn so we went to lunch.

We went to a little sandwich shop nearby that was really good and cheap! I got my coffee and a yummy panini (which was nice because it was hot and it was rainy, nasty and cold outside). Then we hiked over to the Place de Jaude where Lauren and I got cell phones and Jenn got her phone activated. Then I had to leave for my ICRP interview with Joelle. For my ICRP I will probably do something with a french school. I am really nervous because this is such a big project but hopefully everything will go smoothly. After my interview I talked with Sam, Jake, Angela and Joanne. After they left Jenn and Lauren showed up for their appointments so I waited for them and then we got all of our paperwork finished. We went to go turn in our paperwork but the people wern't there so we decided to go home for the day.

This time I didn't get lost! Once back home I looked through my schedule and put some bandaids on my blisters. But now I smell something cooking so Au Revoir for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment