12 September 2010

Weekend!

I can't believe I have been in France for one whole week, it seems like it's been longer. Anyways, its been a very... interesting weekend as you will see below.

Friday - Started out with a class on French Literature. We went over some of the expectations for the class and got some homework assignments. Then we were taken to the bookstores so that we could get our book for class, L'etranger by Albert Camus. After that we were free for the day so we got some food and ate in the park by the fountain. Then everyone left to take naps and chill. Later Joanne, Jenn, Lauren and I all met up and walked around the Place de Jaude and hung out. After grabbing a quick drink at a bar Lauren and Joanne left for dinner. Not feeling like walking all the way back to our host families houses we decided to walk around and split a pizza in town. Then we met up with everyone and went to a bar to watch the rugby game.

Now I have never watched rugby before (except for Invictus which doesn't really count) so I had no clue about the rules or anything. We watched the game with Julien (a french student) who explained alot of the game which was a big help. Sadly, Clermont lost but on the other hand I discovered that I like rugby alot more than American Football so I have a feeling I will be watching more games in the future. After the game we went to another pub and all hung until Jenn and I got cold so we left for home.

Saturday - Saturday started out pretty boring. I did some homework and took a nap and took a short walk to the park. I also watched Spiderman with my host brother, Jean Baptiste. The parents were away for a wedding or something so Xavier cooked lunch and dinner which were pretty good. After dinner there was a party which was kinda weird for me because I didn't know anyone so Eliana and I hung out while Paul played on the computer. Then my friends texted me that they were going out to a bar so I went and joined them. After meeting some international students and walking to see where a club was I went back to the house. As soon as I started to open the door to the building all of these people came out. It happened to be Xavier and his friends who were going to a club. I decided to join them because I didn't have much going on for Sunday.

On the way there we drank a little and when we got there I was feeling like I had a little too much to drink. There wasn't very many people at the club so it was kinda weird when I danced with one of Xavier's friends because we were the only two dancing. At the club we realized that I had somehow left my glasses so we tried looking for them but to no avail. By the time we got back it was around 5am.

Sunday - Woke up with a hangover at 11 so I took a shower and had some breakfast. After a couple of hours we had lunch and I took a nap and relaxed. That pretty much concludes my first week in France which was pretty interesting. All I can say is that these next 5 months are going to be nothing like anything else in my life, which I'm pretty sure is a good thing. Well it's almost 8 so I gotta go eat dinner. A tout a l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment